A Frugal Work in Progress

Join me on the journey to come to terms with my finances.







Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 1 - The Beginning

So I've decided to get my money in order. I don't know how I've gotten this far gone but after paying the bills and buying what I think are necessities I have NOTHING left at the end of the month. I have signed up for quite a few thrifty and fugal blogs and see the ways they save but I have not gotten that far yet in my adventure. Now the holidays are coming up and I'm just lost on how we are going to pay for that. I cannot cancel Christmas with my oldest just turning 3, so this blog is to be a daily diary of my new journey. A document of where my money goes and how I'm spending it. Maybe I can find the frugal path with my goal being to have $100 left at the end of this month.

Here is my first goal -

1. Do not spend more than $40 on un-frugal items. This included lunches out, drinks, smokes, and pool. I can go over in one week as long as I cut the next.

There are 3 full weeks left in November so from this point on I have $120.00 to spend until 11/30/09

I will keep a tally going daily.

Start - $120
-2.44 (drink this morning)
Balance - $117.56

No comments:

Post a Comment