A Frugal Work in Progress

Join me on the journey to come to terms with my finances.







Friday, February 26, 2010

Back to the Grind

I suppose if I don't post people won't read my blog and then I'm just writing to read myself write? Right?

So today my frugal deal is about Alice.com.

In the frugal world the experts say you can't be brand loyal but when I find something I like - I do keep using it. Classic example - sandwhich bags. In the mindset of being frugal I purchased the HEB brand of ziplock bags because they were cheaper. Wrong!!! We cook all the time at home and use the grill at least 3 or 4 times a week. Before grilling my husband marinates in ziplock baggies well more times than not the bags would break. So I buy Ziplock bags. I wait until I find a good deal and then I stock up on them. Seems to work and although I'm not saving the kind of money they do on tv ($.25 for $100 worth of grocieries) I am saving money and still want to use the things I like and know work.

I found Alice.com before Christmas last year. It has been quite handy of a tool in my busy life. I work full time plus have 2 small girls. I still want to be a full person so I also volunteer, go to school full-time, and try to keep active with my sisters, friends, and other family. This is a lot to say the least and I am certainly overwhelmed most of the time. Having a site like Alice.com makes it a little easier on me. I can order tons of product I use and love.

Here are the basic perks:

Get $10 for the first $50 you buy.
Purchase any 6 items reguardless of cost and shipping is FREE!!
Automatic coupons are applied to items. No Clipping!!
No trip to the store, products are shipped usually that day and I've gotten orders in less than 3 days.
Keeps a list for you of things you buy.
Great customer service
I have found deals where you buy a $50 gift card for $35.

I think it's a great addition to any household's shopping cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment